AT&T Connect provides tools for visual presentation, remote collaboration and voice conferencing. The best-of-breed virtual meeting space lets users easily share voice and data using existing Internet and telephone resources. Users join AT&T Connect virtual web meetings by phone, by computer or with both phone and PC.
Users can schedule and access AT&T Connect web conferences directly from their myAT&T desktop application, Outlook/Notes calendars or from messaging tools like Office Communicator or IBM Sametime.
Value & Benefits
- Integrated Web Conferencing with the AT&T Audio Conferencing services
- Rich set of integrated features
- Unified provisioning process
- Single bill for both Audio & Web conferencing
- Global IP-based audio-conferencing services with in-country dial-in access from over 140 countries, with in-language support, when available
- Integrated provisioning of both audio & web conferencing accounts (if selected)
- Integrated billing on a single service
- Each user receives dedicated dial-in numbers (toll-free and caller paid) and access codes
- myAT&T desktop application for hosts allows - easy entrance to meetings, scheduling, invitation of others
- Microsoft Outlook & Office Communicator plugins for easy scheduling, entry into events
- Security features include assigned password and conference lock
- Call me and dial-out features from the Web interface
- Integrated controls for both Web & audio interfaces (mute, expel, invite others and more)
- Broadcast mode automatically mutes everyone from the PC
- Presentations on the interactive whiteboard
- Speaker identification
- File on-the-fly insert
- Application Sharing, including remote control
- Polls, surveys and tests
- Web tours
- Host optional settings (lets meetings begin and/or continue with or without host)
Q: When is version 8.5 available?
A: Version 8.5 is available as of November, 2008.
Q: Must a customer be signed up on AT&T teleconferencing services ?
A: Yes. AT&T Conferencing Services is the audio channel for integrated AT&T Connect events.
Q: Can existing AT&T Connect customers (on version 8.2 or below upgrade to the Integrated Edition v8.5?
A: The services are different. The migration process would be manual and involve changes in both user credentials and bridge numbers.
Q: Where can I download the software and documentation?
A: Software components, user guides, administrator resources are available on this site. Click here to access the Integrated Edition resource center.